These are the goals of the project as a whole. These goals can be acheived independantly of the personal goals I have set myself below.
- Implement ful standard VNC View functionality.
- Implement VNC Server functionality within Mac OS X.
- Implement both of the above using Cocoa.
- Take advantage of the abilities this (Cocoa) provides for UI improvements:
- Use of sheets throughout.
- User definable tranparency.
- Individual user level application preferences.
- Use Cocoa to provide true Mac OS X native functionality:
- Provide services relating to VNC.
- Provide Apple Script access to Cocoa VNC.
As I envisage this project as (at least to start with) as being developed by myself alone I am going to assign some personal goals relating to this project. These goals relate to the reasons that I have started this project.
- Learn to program using Objecive C.
- Learn to use the Cocoa APIs.
- Produce clean well designed code.
- Return something to the comunity :-)